It seems like all the bloggers are blogging, this Thanksgiving day, so I decided to join their ranks. (That sounds like a revised Christmas song, doesn’t it? “Twelve bloggers blogging!”)
I’m sure you’re all doing your Thanksgiving thing, and so am I. I’m in Oregon at my sister’s house and we have been cooking up a storm! Here’s the run down of our Thanksgiving for 15 1/2 people*.
- Deep-Fried Turkey
- Spiral Cut Glazed Ham
- Apple Orange Cranberry Sauce
- Canned Cranberry Jelly (upon request)
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Classic Stuffing with Fresh Rosemary, Sage, and Thyme
- Cornbread Stuffing with Sausage and Apples
- The Famed Green Bean Casserole
- Cream Braised Brussels Sprouts
- Roasted Carrots
- Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecake with Gingersnap Pecan Crust & this topping
- Seven-Up Salad (a jello dish brought by a guest)
- Pear Tart (brought by a guest)
- Apple Crisp (time permitting)
Did we go overboard? You bet we did! And we’re loving every second of it!
*The half person is actually just a very small person who is not yet eating solid food.